We have a new traveler in our group now. Our baby girl is 9 months old as of this month. We applied for her Indian Passport in Delhi last week (ITO Passport Seva Kendra). It was a fairly straightforward process. This was under the General Category (not Tatkaal).
Documents that were looked at by the officers:
- Baby’s birth certificate (online black and white printout from South Delhi Municipal Corporation was acceptable).
- Passports of Both Parents (photocopies of first 2 pages and last page were needed)
- Our passports had spouse names endorsed – so that helped simplify things
- Parents’ Aadhaar Cards for Address Proof (our passports had an older address from a different state).
- Annexure D (Declaration of Parent/Guardian for Minor Passports) – make sure when you sign this, the signature matches that on your passport. Available at: http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/pdf/AnnexureD.pdf
- 2 passport sized photographs (on white background) were needed — this was not listed on the passport website, but luckily a friend warned us. They don’t photograph the baby, but use the photos that you take with you.
They did take a fingerprint of the baby, with the ink-pad (not with the scanner machine).
That was it. We were given a fast track number, because baby was less than 4 years old. Our number was called very quickly at each counter, and we were done in less than 1 hour. The passport is apparently in the mail now (6 days after applying).
Police Verification has been initiated on a post-issuance basis. This means that the passport will be issued, and police verification will happen afterwards.