Update – 13 Nov 2013 Looks like the Visa on Arrival has been replaced by an e-visa that has to be obtained at least 24 hrs before arriving in Turkey. https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/Old post:
I have been getting questions about visa on arrivals for Indians in Turkey. While I don’t have personal experience in this matter, I can only quote official sources.
Here is what CIBT have to say:
The traveller must:
* Hold a valid UK, Schengen or USA visa
* Hold the minimum of US$50.00 in cash on entry, per day of stay
* Hold a passport valid at least six months on entry with one blank visa page
* Hold proof of sufficient funds
* Hold proof of onward/return flights
* Hold all documents required for the next destination
Here is what the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs has to say:
India: Diplomatic passport holders are exempt from visa for their travels to Turkey up to 90 days. Ordinary, Special and Service passport holders are required to have visa to enter Turkey. Ordinary, Special and Service passport holders with a valid Schengen, UK or US visas may get their one month single entry visas at the Turkish border gates upon their arrival.
I hope this helps!
If you have personal experience with VOA in Turkey, please comment on this post