We have a 14 hour transit coming up in Abu Dhabi, flying Etihad. That’s enough time to step out of the airport, see the town and probably even see a couple of other towns!
It was fairly straight forward to apply for the transit visa:
- Went to: https://www.ttsuaevisas.com/
- Started an individual online application for myself and a separate one for my wife
- Straightforward process – had to upload a bunch of documents in JPEG form only, including:
- Previous UAE visas
- Previous Schengen / USA / UK visas
- Air Tickets
- Hotel Bookings
- Passport Copies
- Only complication was the Hotel Bookings. Since we only have 14 hours during the day (not an overnight stop), we didn’t book any hotels. The system wouldn’t accept the transit visa application without a hotel booking. So I wrote a letter explaining why I don’t have a hotel booking and uploaded that in place of the hotel booking.
- Visa was processed and arrived via email in 2 working days.
One thing I didn’t know as it was not mentioned in any official communication – we need Etihad to do an “OK to Board” endorsement on our booking PNR. Luckily our travel agent (The Travel Partner) knew about this and told us on time. Process was simple – I sent an email to OTBUAEVisa@etihad.ae with visa and ticket copies for both me and my wife. They responded within 24 hours and did the OTB (OK to Board) as they call it.